Two Summer Students - Archive & Customer Service
Funded through Canada Summer Jobs
8 weeks full time (35 hours per week) beginning June 22, 2021
Daytime evening weekend flexible hours
Wage: $11.75per hour
Reporting to the Account Manager, this is an eight-week, full-time (35 hours per
week) position. The two summer students will sort through stored materials from
the theatre’s history and archive appropriately under the direction of theatre staff,
will also give tours to visitors at the Imperial Theatre. In addition, students will
learn to use box office software.
Imperial Theatre is a not for profit live performance theatre in the heart of uptown
Saint john. The Arts & Culture scene in Saint John is vibrant and diverse for such a
small population and Imperial Theatre is at the heart of it.
Applicant should have an interest in theatre history or experience in theatre.
Experience and comfort dealing with the public and public speaking is an
Fluency in English is required, fluency in French is an asset
Applicants should be capable of climbing stairs, lifting and carrying.
Apply via email to Ruth McLeese Account Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or drop
your resume off at the box office. No phone calls please, only those persons selected will
be contacted for interview.
Position: Box Office Associate
Status: PT/FT Permanent (20-35hrs)
Hours of Work: 10am - 5pm (Mon-Fri) with occasional evenings and weekends
Deadline: Friday, June 4, 2021 at 5pm
Imperial Theatre is a not-for-profit live performance theatre in the heart of uptown Saint John.
Our working environment is unique and creative and will give you a glimpse behind the curtain.
The Arts & Culture scene in Saint John is vibrant and diverse for such a small population and
Imperial Theatre is at the heart of it.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Associate is a helpful, detail-oriented
individual responsible for day-to-day box office operations, including but not limited to:
● Selling tickets & subscriptions, processing donations, at the box office and by phone
● Answering patron inquiries at the box office and over the phone
● Preparing box office reports as required for the Box Office Manager
● Assist with incoming and outgoing customer calls
● Reconciling cash and credit sales at the beginning and end of day
● Discretion and professional behaviour handling confidential information
● Assist with night-of-show walk up sales and will call distribution.
Applicants may be required to work evenings and weekends, depending on operational needs.
Imperial Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and believes in making our theatre and the
performing arts available for everyone who lives within our community. The successful
candidate must believe in and share that philosophy and work to ensure that every person who
connects with our organization is welcomed in and given the highest quality of service.
12 King Square South | Saint John, NB | E2L 5B8 | 506.674.4100 | imperialtheatre.ca
● Intermediate computer skills, experience with ticketing systems or databases is a plus
● Experience in customer service, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, non-profit
arts or hospitality industries
● Ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively
● Self-motivated, capable of independent reasoning and troubleshooting
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner – attention to detail is a must
● Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
● Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Lindsay Jacquard, Box Office Manager
● Email: email@example.com
● Please no phone calls or drop-in meetings
● Only applicants who are being considered will be contacted
Imperial Theatre is committed to employment equity and requests that any required
accommodations be noted in your application.