Nikki & JD Present Knot
Nikki & JD Present Knot
Location: Imperial Theatre
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2022
Show Starts: 7:30 PM
Tickets: $37.50 adults | $32.50 subscribers
After working together for four years and gaining experience with other British contemporary circus companies including Barely Methodical Troupe and Square Peg Circus, Nikki Rummer & Jean-Daniel Broussé (Nikki & JD) created their first show, Knot.
Featuring two acrobatic performers, Knot uses circus, dance and storytelling to examine love and conflict between two people seemingly in a relationship. However, there is a twist in the tale as the audience then discover that they are actually a single 30 something woman and a gay man.
Knot was created in 2016 as a 20-minute performance as part of Resolution! at The Place. The full 55-minute version premiered in February 2018.
Knot was a winner of the Total Theatre & Jacksons Lane Award for Circus 2019 and Herald Angel Award 2019, and runner up for the prestigious Carol Tambor Best of Fringe Award.
Performers: Jean-Daniel Broussé, Nikki Rummer
Directors: Jean-Daniel Broussé, Nikki Rummer, Rosamond Martin
Dramaturg: Ben Duke
Choreography mentor: Ellis Saul
Movement mentors: Pippa Duke, Martin Corri
Lighting designer: William Ingham
Costume designer: Oliver Garcia
Music credits: Annobon by Aldo Romano, Louis Sclavis, Henri Texier; original music by Tim Lenkiewicz; Chopin Nocturne in F Minor – Op. 55, No. 1 (variation) by Chad Lawson, Portrait of a Man by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins and Sway by Dean Martin.
Knot is co-commissioned and supported by Jacksons Lane, Déda, Jerwood Choreographic Research Project II, The National Centre for Circus Arts, Arts Council England and Warwick Arts Centre.
- “Knot was up there amongst the best pieces of theatre I have ever seen. My wife and I were both deeply moved by the show – the balances and catches were, of course, unbelievable but the flow and liquidity of your dancing was utterly beautiful. And to thread it through with the storyline – perfect. You totally deserved the standing ovation.”
- “Saw you today, you were great! very impressive of strength and harmony.”
- “Utterly fantastic show…. absolutely perfect…. heartbreakingly beautiful.”
- “I loved the show tonight. Simultaneously emotional and amazing!”
- “Absolutely amazing performance tonight in Newbury guys. A really moving story, magnificently portrayed.”
- “you were magic and breath taking!”
- “it was stunning, thank you!”
From audience members at Jacksons Lane, October 2018